Web Developer (front-end/back-end)
We are expanding our design visualization services to create, maintain, and serve 3D models, 3D configurators, AR integration of physical products, and entire product portfolios onto eCommerce platforms. We are looking for a creative and confident web developer with 5-10 years related experience to support Fresco as we deliver the best and most appealing 3D visualization solutions to our clients.
Excellent work-life balance
Exciting, positive and meaningful client work
Great team and client cultures
Diverse and open-minded work environment
Tremendous career advancement potential
We are forward-thinking product design studio merging expert industrial design and programming services for clients doing challenging and meaningful product development work.
Lead Industrial Designer
Fresco is a design consultancy merging industrial design with advanced iterative modeling, and visualization. Our team is comprised of design experts in their respective areas – industrial design, visualization, 3D modeling, design simulation through animation and rigging, AR/VR experiences, and computational design. We work collaboratively for a shared outcome, and the result is work that is exciting, interesting, and world-class. Our clients are diverse in industries, geography, and culture, and we support them through strategy, execution, and honest collaboration.
The role of Lead Industrial Designer is to lead client projects, be a passionate mentor to junior designers, a thoughtful editor to technical contributors, and a trusted partner to our clients.
This role requires a hands-on design leadership approach and will be central to the building, growth and development of our team. The Lead Industrial Designer will lead by example – so you’ll be both a creative big-thinker and be able to draw, design, model, and produce with the best of them. Your work will be an inspiration to others. You will also lead experts of different technical teams that will surpass your expertise in the areas that they work. Your role is to guide their expert work to achieve our company’s, clients’, projects’ and team’s goals.
The Lead Industrial Designer is a role for someone who loves complex and exciting design challenges. Our projects tend to be complex in terms or manufacturing, ergonomic challenges and/or the high level of deliverables we provide.
From a company structure standpoint, you will report to Gustavo Fontana, a Co-Founder and Creative Director. From a team and client responsibility and management standpoint, you are taking the role of leading a client, their projects, and the team that executes the work.
- 5-10 years of professional industrial design experience in a fast-paced environment of high output. A mixed experience of corporate and consulting work is highly desirable.
- Ability to lead, direct and inspire our internal team of designers and/or client-side design, engineering, marketing, and manufacturing teams.
- Take a lead role in the creative process, design reviews, model shop output
- Rapid visualization skills using 2D sketching (not only as presentation assets, but also as live whiteboards and digital sketching/markup on screen-sharing sessions)
- Proficient in advanced designed surfaces for tooling release quality (Rhino, NX, or Alias) and concepting with SubD surfacing (Modo, Blender, or 3DSMax)
- Interest in design tools and processes development (we not only develop products, but also design, program and maintain custom tools for design)
- Experience or interest in managing manufacturing vendor relationships for clients
- Familiarity with modelmaking processes, such as CNC, 3D printing (SLA and FDM), painting and finishing, soft goods, etc.
- Experience taking a lead role in design projects and guiding other designers to success
- Experience developing products for production with a strong grasp of modern and high value manufacturing processes.
- A love of learning and an open mind towards new design processes and tools, new markets, industries, cultures, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in product design including all or some of the following: embedded electronics, consumer products, integration of hard and soft goods, automotive, or apparel.
- Spanish language skills is a plus but not required.
This is an on-site position, based at our Framingham, Massachusetts studio and model shop. The role requires some travel for client meetings and for visits to Fresco’s Buenos Aires office.
- Excellent work-life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package: 100% health insurance coverage; Vanguard 401k and Roth 401k retirement options with company match; life insurance; and long and short-term disability.
- Exciting, positive and meaningful client work
- Great team and client cultures
- Diverse and open-minded work environment
- Tremendous career advancement potential
- Relocation assistance will be offered to the right candidate.
Fresco Design is a service organization. First and foremost, we sell services, under at-will agreements with clients that choose to work with us. It is our goal and your responsibility to take the principle of service as a core priority. We go the extra mile to make working with us very easy for our clients and make it a very pleasing experience. We work with many clients collaboratively, remotely and on an on-going asynchronous basis of communication. We are thorough and meticulous about documentation, communication, and our overall responsiveness. Your role is to be a champion of this service culture in the way you communicate with our clients and the way to coach our team to always exceed these expectations of service.
We rarely have meetings, but rather working sessions. We rarely use emails, but rather project-based collaboration platforms. We show a lot more than we tell. We edit and markup a lot more than we critique.
Must include samples of your work. USA work permit is required.
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us about yourself and why you're a good fit for this role.
At Fresco, you will become part of a great team, working alongside a diverse group of design experts to produce exciting, positive, and meaningful client work.
Our company culture is rooted in commitment to collaboration, honesty and going the extra mile for our clients. Fresco offers excellent work-life balance, competitive compensation, career advancement opportunities, and a diverse and open-minded work environment.